• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A treat for the staff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A treat for the staff

I have just booked all my staff on this for a job well done:

http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/singleseater.htm

What a good boss I am
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

I'll have a fiver on you setting the fastest lap time amongst your staff...

Comment

But first, a briefing from one of the pit crew - just like Formula One! Crash helmet on, full harness seat belts tightened and the engine is fired up. Edge out onto the circuit and then it's up to you. Six laps later and your dream really has become a reality!
      My dreams generally involve more than six laps.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Burdock
        I'll have a fiver on you setting the fastest lap time amongst your staff...
        I may get a trophy engraved with '1st place' just for the occasion

Originally posted by VectraMan
        My dreams generally involve more than six laps.
        Thats just for starters if I get the bug I'll be doing this one later on in the summer.

http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/...seater_adv.htm

or this

http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/...lisesports.htm

Anyway have you seen the state of the F1 drivers when they get out, I'm pretty sure I'll be fecked after 6, I've done plenty of go-karting to know how knackering it is.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
          Anyway have you seen the state of the F1 drivers when they get out, I'm pretty sure I'll be fecked after 6, I've done plenty of go-karting to know how knackering it is.
          It is true, driving fast is suprisingly hard work. On track days, a 15 minute session is usually enough.

23 laps of the Nurburgring last weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan
            It is true, driving fast is suprisingly hard work. On track days, a 15 minute session is usually enough.

23 laps of the Nurburgring last weekend.
            King of the Ring!

The full length circuit? ...Thats got to be hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
              King of the Ring!

The full length circuit? ...Thats got to be hard work.
              Well I wouldn't say "king". Still get overtaken by pleanty of people (Porsche GT3s mainly). I can do it in around 9 minutes these days in my S2000.

Two laps in a row does get pretty hard, but then the rear tyres tend to overheat on the second lap and stop gripping the road.

Comment

Ooh S2000 nice!

I have a Civic Type-R (EP3), I wouldn't mind having a proper track day in that but I guess a good time would be just before all 4 tyres are fecked and need changing.

Comment

Working...
                X