• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company information

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Company information

Hello All,

I'm one of those who have been forced into PSC by Mr Wigeguy Chancellor - so consider me a newbie. I have been left in the dark by my MSC company who set up my new PSC but have now decided not to offer accountancy services. As a result I have to find a new accountant and get my regd address changed.

I wanted to check if all that they've set up is correct or not. I could not find shareholder information on the companieshouse report that I ordered for a pound. Where can I find the current share holders and their share allocation?

If it is incorrect than how do I allocate shares to company secretary?

Also can you tell me what exactly should I tell the Inland Revenue about moving to a PSC? (that I'm employed by my own company??)

TIA
    text

The easiest/cheapest way is to register for online filing with Companies House, or if your formation agent has already done that, click on the "reminder" request for the authorisation code. Companies House will post the code to the registered office address (hopefully your home) and you can then log in and ask for a report of the company details (director, secretary, shareholders, etc) which will be emailed to you within a few minutes. If the registered office address is not yours, then you need to complete a paper form and post it to Companies House to change the registered office address and then you can go through the online filing process.

www.companieshouse.gov.uk

Comment

Originally posted by texto
      Hello All,

I'm one of those who have been forced into PSC by Mr Wigeguy Chancellor - so consider me a newbie. I have been left in the dark by my MSC company who set up my new PSC but have now decided not to offer accountancy services. As a result I have to find a new accountant and get my regd address changed.

I wanted to check if all that they've set up is correct or not. I could not find shareholder information on the companieshouse report that I ordered for a pound. Where can I find the current share holders and their share allocation?

If it is incorrect than how do I allocate shares to company secretary?

Also can you tell me what exactly should I tell the Inland Revenue about moving to a PSC? (that I'm employed by my own company??)

TIA
      text
      They should have given you all the company infomration when it was formed if not - demand it from them now as they are no longer working for you.

If you are a Ltd Company [ don't use the term PSC - it's not a legal one ], you'll need to register for VAT and PAYE - you really need to find out how far the MSC has gone, then hand it all over to someone like SJD to take from there for you.
      Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Many thanks for your replies. I can't decide between SJD and Nixon Williams. NW's website looks like straightforward no nonsense website but SJD's looks a bit too big and full of promotions - maybe I'm wrong. Just want to be safe. Advice please?

I do want the accountant to take it from where the MSC left off.

Comment

For eg. I read somewhere that accountants cannot offer insurance under new laws but I see the application form on SJD Accountancy.

Please advise.

Comment

Working...
          X