• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sob! Sniffle! Boo-hoo!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sob! Sniffle! Boo-hoo!!

Property woe for public workers http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6544577.stm

My heart bleeds. As if extra concesionary bank holidays, guaranteed annual cost-of-living pay rise and index linked pensions subsidised by council tax payers aren't enough.

I was thinking the other day, and this is no disrespect to people who clean toilets, but where do bog cleaners live?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
      Property woe for public workers http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6544577.stm

My heart bleeds. As if extra concesionary bank holidays, guaranteed annual cost-of-living pay rise and index linked pensions subsidised by council tax payers aren't enough.

can you believe that 72% of police officers life in either rented accommodation or on the strattets ?

no ? me neither.

wonder where they get all that extra wedge from....
      Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by Burdock
        I was thinking the other day, and this is no disrespect to people who clean toilets, but where do bog cleaners live?
        In council houses subsidised by your tax.

hth.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
          In council houses subsidised by your tax.

hth.
          Whereas in fact they should live in market-rented or bought accommodation which they can afford from the decent wages they should be paid, which in the case of public toilets would come from....?
          God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Originally posted by Euro-commuter
            Which in the case of public toilets would come from....?
            tulip?

Comment

Just about everywhere is deemed unaffordable to me but somehow I manage, the trouble is with public sector staff is they are so mollycoddled in their jobs that they think if the kick up enough fuss someone somewhere will sort it out for them, and the sad thing is they probably will.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
              X