• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CH4: Mark of Caine - Anyone See It?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CH4: Mark of Caine - Anyone See It?

I was left wondering what it will do to public perception of the armed servics in Iraq/Afghanistan. Some of it reminded me Gestapo techniques.

Yeah but when we're fighting an enemy that don't recognise the Geneva Convention, maybe 'alternative' methods need to be used.

Comment

Originally posted by XTC
      Yeah but when we're fighting an enemy that don't recognise the Geneva Convention, maybe 'alternative' methods need to be used.
      Yeah best to ignore it then expect others to adhere to it. If only the Iranians had treated out sailors so well.
      I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Originally posted by XTC
        Why?
        God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Originally posted by Euro-commuter
          Why?
          Cos it' s fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
            I was left wondering what it will do to public perception of the armed servics in Iraq/Afghanistan. Some of it reminded me Gestapo techniques.
            I think it is a shame that while the reasons for going to war may be questionable (and I still do not agree it was right). Not all our soldiers go around absuing prisoners. We could have had a drama celebrating the heroic side of our forces.

PS As for that tw*t blasting away while shooting at Iraqi snipers! Was he listening when being trained in it's use. Small short blasts. What's the bl**dy point in any weopon when you've shot all your rounds into the air or the side of a building.

Comment

When I first heard about the programme I thought it would be a typical liberal media bulltulip take on the thing. As it turned out, I thought it was pretty well done...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
              X