• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Attention Freaky Dancer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attention Freaky Dancer

Are you going to see the mondays this summer? Have you heard any of the new tracks?

Originally posted by RRH
    Are you going to see the mondays this summer? Have you heard any of the new tracks?
    They're not playing down here - furthest south is Cambridge and I can't be arsed to go that distance. I saw them at Get Loaded in Clapham a few years back, and as cool as Bez was, Ryder was a joke - he didn't move and you couldn't hear the fat bastard.

Not heard their new stuff yet - any good?
    Last edited by freakydancer; 13 April 2007, 11:06.
    Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by freakydancer
      They're not playing down here - furthest south is Cambridge and I can't be arsed to go that distance. I saw them at Get Loaded in Clapham a few years back, and as cool as Bez was, Ryder was a joke - he didn't move and you couldn't hear the fat bastard.

Not heard their new stuff yet - any good.

I saw them last in 2000 at the MEN and Ryder was tulip then, couldn't stand let alone sing-heard 2 tracks yesterday and was very suprised and impressed!

Comment

Yeah I saw them at Party in the Park (I think) and they were pretty bad.

Comment

I've seen Ian Brown a few times now, he is still the king of cool from that era followed closely by Tim Burgess but ever since he married that yank bird his music has gone down hill.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
            I've seen Ian Brown a few times now, he is still the king of cool from that era followed closely by Tim Burgess but ever since he married that yank bird his music has gone down hill.

Yeah I've seen Browny a lot too the highlight was in April 2000 after the 'Golden Greats' album at blackpools empress ballroom-good all day sesh followed by the gig I was 18 and care free!

Comment

I'd love to see the Roses reform, but don't think that would ever happen.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
                ******* hell - I saw him support the manics at wembley a couple of years ago. He was out of tune and gobbing off to a few people in the front of the crowd.

Arrogant w@nker...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by XTC
                  I'd love to see the Roses reform, but don't think that would ever happen.
                  No, not since Manny has been hanging round with that cock Bobby Gillespie I've seen The Clone Roses but that was only cos' a rumour got round that Manny would turn up to play a few tracks... he never did.

That was at the Mean fiddler on Charing Cross road, what a feckin dump that place is, the centre of London and all they can manage is cans of warm carling @ £4 a pop WTF is that all about... sh*t hole.

Originally posted by ratewhore
                  ******* hell - I saw him support the manics at wembley a couple of years ago. He was out of tune and gobbing off to a few people in the front of the crowd.

Arrogant w@nker...

He does have his bad gigs and he has a very soft voice, I guess Wembley is not the best place to see him, the last time I saw him was at 'V' in a small tent and it was feckin awesome, the next night I saw the Super Furry Animals again in a small tent and that was even better... I am a huge Furries fan though
                  Last edited by gingerjedi; 13 April 2007, 11:40.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I met Ian Brown when he played at Brighton a few years back. I was down there with a load of mates to see the gig and make a weekend of it, when low and behold Mr Brown came out of the lift wearing a full leather tracksuit (oh yes!!) and sunglasses - bear in mind this was about 4am the day after the gig. We had a chat with him in the hotel bar - he was pretty cool. He probably thought we were a bunch of wasted idiots, which to be fair, we probably were.
                    Call the cops

Comment

Working...
                    X