• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Urban Myth?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urban Myth?

we have some rats round the back of our car park here and somone swears blind the council pay you £5 per dead rodent you bring them. If this is true my weekend is sorted and Im giving up my job...

Originally posted by RRH
    we have some rats round the back of our car park here and somone swears blind the council pay you £5 per dead rodent you bring them. If this is true my weekend is sorted and Im giving up my job...
    Someone ?

Someone from a previous century perhaps ?

Comment

i'll give you £4 for each dead rat, £6 if you can catch 'em live.

for legal reasons i can't tell you why i require the critters.

Comment

How dare you? RATS are NICE little animals, they have whiskers n' paws an stuff. If society had any sense the council we would be paying £5 a time for 4x4 owners or people who keep cats or like rap music.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

My cats (well one of them) brought a rat in that they'd caught near the bins at the local Sainsbury's. It was still alive and ran up the curtains in the family room. I had the missus on the phone to me at work screaming "There's a rat up the curtains, a rat up the curtains!!!!". Much to my hilarity and everyone else's in my office.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I had the missus on the phone to me at work screaming "There's a rat up the curtains, a rat up the curtains!!!!".
            Shame it wasn't in the kitchen, because then she'd have said "There's a rat in me kitchen", to which you could have replied "What am I gonna do ?"

IGMC
            Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
            X