• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

applying for perm. Jobs.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

applying for perm. Jobs.

For the sake of applying for more positions, has anyone tried applying for perm jobs and then trying to talk the agent into converting the position to a contract ( pro-rating the pay) ? Does this make any sense?

Not personally but I know someone who turned a permie position into a contract after 3 weeks and got a rate increase at the same time. Jammy sod.

Comment

Yes, but it's more often done in the opposite direction - client advertises for contractors but then says they'd prefer permanent staff

Comment

What's the point ? Just treat the perm job as a contract and bail when you get a better offer ! Yeah - but what about loyalty, my @rse, if the game changes the permies get cleared out/outsourced/screwed over without a second thought.

Comment

I went to a Perm Job interview just to get some interview practice. I then ended up getting a contract for the companies competitor and told the agent what I did. Then the agent went back to the hiring manager and told him that. All of a sudden i got offered a better rate then their competitor on a contract for 1 year!!.

so i guess the hidden budget was found from somewhere!

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk
            For the sake of applying for more positions, has anyone tried applying for perm jobs and then trying to talk the agent into converting the position to a contract ( pro-rating the pay) ? Does this make any sense?
            Not really

It's not up to the agent! It's up to the company doing the employment
            threenine.co.uk
            Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

Working...
            X