• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Government rates.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Government rates.

I was under the impression that government rates are on the higher end in the UK ( from what I read at CUK ) , today an agent excused the lower rate he is offering with "The rate is low because it is a position with the government “ . It is a Windows postion .

"It is a Windows postion "

???

What cleaning them?
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish

???

What cleaning them?
      No, it is as in "Pick a window"
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk
        I was under the impression that government rates are on the higher end in the UK ( from what I read at CUK ) , today an agent excused the lower rate he is offering with "The rate is low because it is a position with the government “ . It is a Windows postion .
        What he meant was "The rate is low because I am a greedy **** and you are stupid“.

HTH
        First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
          No, it is as in "Pick a window"
          Oi wish I could spell defenestration

Comment

Go for the round one!
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish

???

What cleaning them?

It is Server 2003 , AD , Exchange , Group policies , etc.

200 /day blahhh

Comment

Agent is pulling your leg. Gov work always attracts a premium, 'cause you'll be working with civil savants, it takes a special kind of contractor to not go postal after a few days.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                  Gov work always attracts a premium, 'cause you'll be working with civil savants, it takes a special kind of contractor to not go postal after a few days.
                  That'll rule me out then. Can't stand the f.....ers.
                  Drivel is my speciality

Comment

I will ask the client what they are paying if I get an interview.

Gov permies don't have the best reputation do they ?

Comment

Working...
                    X