• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Purple, it's a warning!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purple, it's a warning!

There I was blasting down the cycle path, when, on overtaking a bunch of girls I was drawing level with one wearing a purple dress.

As I noticed the purpleness, I had one of them OMG moments, and hit the brakes, hard. Just as I did that the lady wearing the purple dress cut out in front of me.

Hence I narrowly avoided a serious accident.

"Undskyld!" (sorry) she says.

"Oh, don't fuss, I saw the purple dress and just knew you were going to do something dangerous."

"Shut up!" was the reply.

Wonder if it was something I said?
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Originally posted by threaded
    There I was blasting down the cycle path, when, on overtaking a bunch of girls I was drawing level with one wearing a purple dress.

As I noticed the purpleness, I had one of them OMG moments, and hit the brakes, hard. Just as I did that the lady wearing the purple dress cut out in front of me.

Hence I narrowly avoided a serious accident.

"Undskyld!" (sorry) she says.

"Oh, don't fuss, I saw the purple dress and just knew you were going to do something dangerous."

"Shut up!" was the reply.

Wonder if it was something I said?
    Haven't we had this "story" before?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
      Is it a cue for me to go "Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... ladies with Purple Hair... Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..."?

And add this:

http://ufoseries.com/

Comment

Absolutely. Happens regular as clockwork. It is why I absolutely know that when you spot a woman wearing purple it is a warning something you're not going to like is about to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
          Absolutely. Happens regular as clockwork. It is why I absolutely know that when you spot a woman wearing purple it is a warning something you're not going to like is about to happen.
          Hmmm, I'm sure Roman soldiers felt the same way...

Comment

Hmmm, I'm sure Roman soldiers felt the same way...
            Exactly, so much so, that it was against the law for women to wear purple in ancient Rome.

Comment

It's the same with red

Just the other day I was blasting down the road in my car when I spotted a red light at the side of the road (I'm sure it was previously yellow).

I had one of those OMG moments and immediately slammed on my brakes. Good thing too as all of a sudden a car came whooshing in from the side and would almost certainly have hit me side on.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Is it a cue for me to go "Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... ladies with Purple Hair... Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..."?

And add this:

http://ufoseries.com/
                . . . and a cue for me to add "Mmmmmmmmmmmmm Gabrielle Drake"
                The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
                X