• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Discrimination?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discrimination?

Woman seeks £1.3 million compensation

These cases are getting out of hand - why does it never occur to any of these women that maybe they are not being discriminated against but their work rate/performance did actually deteriorate?

Or she wore purple to the office!
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
      Or she wore purple to the office!
      Nah, she's wearing a crucifix... that’ll be the real reason

And she's hardly going to get an easy ride working for the BNP with a name like that
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
        Woman seeks £1.3 million compensation

These cases are getting out of hand - why does it never occur to any of these women that maybe they are not being discriminated against but their work rate/performance did actually deteriorate?
        See your point, however banks are notorious for discrimantory behaviour, sexism and having a boys club mentality. But saying that I think if you're going to work in that environment then you really need to be able to turn the other cheek or have the strength of character to ignore that kind of kerap. I mean being asked to clean the dishes.. she could have easily turned that around and made a joke about it or maybe belittled the joker. I've worked with over-sensitive people before, mostly women and it's a pain in the @rse having to constantly watch what you do or say in case they are offended.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
          Nah, she's wearing a crucifix... that’ll be the real reason

And she's hardly going to get an easy ride working for the BNP with a name like that
          Could be, she's really wearing a purple top! Deep purple, but purple all the same!
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Don't employ women of child bearing age ...problem sorted
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Could someone order some rubber wallpaper for Threaded

Comment

So she didn't get as big a bonus in the year she took 6 months off, and when she did return, everything wasn't the same as she left it.

It's appalling what employers get away with. Disgraceful.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Course, she could be in for a right old payout if she can prove anything that she was asked to do was a 'veiled' threat!

Comment

Why is the immediate assumption that the woman, whichever one it happens to be, is always the one falsly claiming and that the banks are innocent?

My wife is ex IB, she had to work twice as hard as the guys and put up with this sort of crap for years and not get the same opportunities she'd have got if she'd been male, to the point she left it entirely (Best move she ever made, and one many women opt to do).

I've worked in trading environments most of my career and seen them first hand, and I can honestly say they're still some of the most sexist & bigoted work environments you'll come across in this country.

What kind of argument is it to say that you should be strong enough to put up with this kind of behaviour. Why? Is it some undefinable reflection on someones ability to do their job if they don't like being ridiculed at work. Am I missing something here?
                    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
                    X