• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Almost got first contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost got first contract

Hi guys, I just want to say this site is an inspiration to me with all the knowledge for a budding contractor like me.

I have a question, im sure its been asked before (btw you guys should install a search engine on this webpage, would save asking same questions over and over).

First I'll give a little background, I've been dabling in IT for the last few months (mainly HTML, but am going to try and learn CSS soon, it looks really hard though).

Ive put my CV on jobserve and agents have been phoning me a lot (I must be better than I thought!!!). One agent has said he has the perfect role (close to where I live and almost double the rate I was looking for!!), after I gave him 4 references (agent explained how contractors need 4 not 2 like permanent job). He virtually said the role was mine and would call me back soon after, although this was 3 weeks ago (he is probably busy getting my references (all good ones too)). Because he was so sure, I handed in my notice at my current job (street cleaner) and only have one week left.

Anyway my question is what is IR35 ive been hearing about?

Are we related by chance?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Welcome back DimPrawn - we've all missed you so much

The pope is a tard.

Comment

Post of the day!

Comment

ROFLMFAO
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Ha ha, very good. Just after I read about "(btw you guys should install a search engine on this webpage, would save asking same questions over and over). " I was expecting loads of replies, then read on. Very funny.

Comment

Who is Dimprawn? why are you all laughing? oops need to go my battery on my cleaning cart is running low, and I want to get some practice on those anchor tags later, streets aren't going to clean themselves either!!.

Comment

Are you the guy who married a goat?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/ukfs_news/...00/4748292.stm

Comment

Funny

Comment

Please do not feed the animals
                    I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Working...
                    X