• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank of England Governor's Letter to Gordon Brown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank of England Governor's Letter to Gordon Brown

Has anyone else read the letter from Mervyn King to Gordon Clown regarding the CPI rate rising over 3%, and the response written back?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6562723.stm

Is it me or is the whole thing a load of bollox

Gordon Brown has signed his letter with a massive black crayon. He must be very sad.

Comment

it's bollux innit

Page 2:" a sharp increase in domestic energy prices more than offsetting a fall in petrol prices"

Page 3: "Sterling oil prices have risen by about 25% "(I thought oil was paid in dollars - so sterling's strength should have helped)"Higher petrol prices contributed significantly to the pick up of inflation in March" all helped by the 2.5p @litre increase announced in Aprils budget.
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I read it yesterday and at first I thought it was practical joke. The presentation, and the content look like someones having a laugh.

I double checked - it was the BOE website.

Comment

It is a joke

The Bank of England's Independence is, supposedly, a measure that gives the financial markets some faith in the UK economy.

What we find out is that the biggest sanction for the MPC not meeting its target, writing a letter to Gordon, turns out to be a useless exercise in self congratulation.

Comment

look lads,

I think you're all taking this stuff far too seriously

go home, have a lie down, it will all look much better afterwards

try to find something to be positive about instead of complaining all the time

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
              look lads,

I think you're all taking this stuff far too seriously

go home, have a lie down, it will all look much better afterwards

try to find something to be positive about instead of complaining all the time

Milan.
              Good point. You all ought to try and look inside yourselves and ask how it is that someone can get to be in this letter writers position, when, as people have pointed out, he makes such glaringly obvious mistakes, and why it is you don't have that job. When you've done that, then try to plan and improve yourself so you too can get such a job.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

exackery bunch of losers always complaining about their lot instead of doing something about it

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
                  exackery bunch of losers always complaining about their lot instead of doing something about it

Milan.
                  Indeed. I've just recently whitened my teeth, started emulating the gulping reflex of fish, keeping my hair unkempt, softened my accent, gained another 8 stone and started mumbling and bulltulipting while pretending to like Americans and started to buy everything on an endless supply of credit cards while telling my accountant that I'm loaded and it's never been better...
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
                    Indeed. I've just recently whitened my teeth, started emulating the gulping reflex of fish, keeping my hair unkempt, softened my accent, gained another 8 stone and started mumbling and bulltulipting while pretending to like Americans and started to buy everything on an endless supply of credit cards while telling my accountant that I'm loaded and it's never been better...
                    Don't forget to pick your nose and eat the catch.

Comment

Working...
                    X