• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC webtulipe - is it my imagination...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC webtulipe - is it my imagination...

Or has it suddenly become very pro Labour? Not much criticism of Brown over pensions, and the gold story seems to have been buried.

Be a good chap and pop "bbc bias" into Google.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

There has been a systematic shift in their reporting ever since the Gilligan/Kelly/Hutton/Iraq WMD affair.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy
        There has been a systematic shift in their reporting ever since the Gilligan/Kelly/Hutton/Iraq WMD affair.
        Dunno if it's true, but I can't say I would blame them there!
        Anyway, I googled, and got the Telegraph:

The Kelly affair may lead some people to think that the BBC cannot really be politically biased. The usual accusation is that it is biased against the Conservative Party. But this is a saga of a row between the corporation and a Labour government.
        So even the Torygraph thinks the BBC is biased against Labour, not against the Conservatives?
        Last edited by Euro-commuter; 18 April 2007, 05:42.
        God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Within the BBC there has been a strong anti-Tory sentiment and the pinkos there are naturally drawn to a left leaning regime. Even now, they still do not bite the hand that feeds them and their justification of non-bias normally stems from a page of liebour propaganda followed by a sentence from the Tories as justification for balance.

Whenever they have a comments section on a particulary pro-liebour piece of propaganda (inc some of Nick Robinson's bollogs), the anti-liebour vitriol that follow is fantastic.

You can imagine the comments editing team thinking they wish they hadn't given up the air traffic controllers job...
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
            Within the BBC there has been a strong anti-Tory sentiment and the pinkos there are naturally drawn to a left leaning regime. Even now, they still do not bite the hand that feeds them and their justification of non-bias normally stems from a page of liebour propaganda followed by a sentence from the Tories as justification for balance.
            It does seem to me that the BBC has a natural leaning to the left, but that this is not so much a conscious bias, far less a concealed one, so much as a natural way of thinking found in a subculture. When found as part of the bricks and mortar, so to speak, of a relatively consistent group that actually runs something, that is generally known by the excellent name of an Establishment.

An Establishment is a group of people who run some part of society in a particular way, not because they intend to undermine other possibilities or take over for their own ends, but rather because they share a consistent view of the world with their peers, and with those who educate and influence them.

The BBC is a left-leaning Establishment, rather than a left-wing conspiracy. Most of the British Establishment has tended to be more Conservative, so at least there is a bit of balance here

Comment

But they do like to send hecklers equipped with microphones and a BBC camera crew to try and derail Michael Howard's campaign trail for example.

And show footage of the crowd booing Howard but not booing bliar at a similar convention.

I think it's a little more than left-leaning but I take your point - right-leaning organisations are just as active.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                Or has it suddenly become very pro Labour? Not much criticism of Brown over pensions, and the gold story seems to have been buried.
                The BBC admitted a Pro-Left bias some time ago. It was supposed to be correcting it

Comment

At least the BBC ask interesting and stimulating questions.
                  Battle of the brains
                  Who is more intelligent - a top footballer or rocket scientist?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Since Horizon has now descended to the level of the Discovery Channel...
                    With animals mating and everything?

Comment

Working...
                    X