• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

3 Drains!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 Drains!!

I’m not superstitious at all but last night after a hard day's contracting me and a fellow contractor were walking down the road when I noticed he side stepped a set of 3 drains. I also avoid walking on 3 drains. I asked him why he did it and it’s because of the exact reason I do it. One of his past girlfriends avoided them and because of this he found himself now avoiding 3 drains!!! Anyone else on here do that??

Originally posted by Barriebazg
    I’m not superstitious at all but last night after a hard day's contracting me and a fellow contractor were walking down the road when I noticed he side stepped a set of 3 drains. I also avoid walking on 3 drains. I asked him why he did it and it’s because of the exact reason I do it. One of his past girlfriends avoided them and because of this he found himself now avoiding 3 drains!!! Anyone else on here do that??
    No. Next.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

WTF. Do you also turn lights off/on 3 times and touch wood every time you wanna play safe (not play with yourself...).

Comment

A lot of ex-servicemen wouldn't take the third light for their fag: WW1 folklore had it that a sniper would spot the first flare of the match, sight on the second and shoot the third...
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Ignore everything before the but

From the book 'How to succeed in Contracting' - EternalOptimist 2006 Harper Collins

also available in paperback

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

What do you mean by 3 drains?

We only have one drain at a time up here - is this another north/south divide thing again you drain mungerring fascists?
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio
              A lot of ex-servicemen wouldn't take the third light for their fag: WW1 folklore had it that a sniper would spot the first flare of the match, sight on the second and shoot the third...
              Wow I often wondered why it was considered unlucky, nice
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Were you hopping and skipping down the road hand in hand you big cissies.

Now if there had been a steaming (dog)turd on the drains I could understand it but to avoid them because an ex-girlfriend used to do it is a bit wet.

Comment

Yes - Mrs. Faqqer started me off on it many years ago, and it's too late to stop now. Glad I'm not alone out there...
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

My missus does it too (ay ay).. and a girl I used to work with, if she noticed she had walked over one used to turn around three times and then spit. Nice

Comment

Working...
                    X