• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How have all the geeks missed this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How have all the geeks missed this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6562757.stm

We geeks only read Computer Weekly, Computing, IT Week and Star Trek comics

Comment

Why don't CW send out paper copies any more?

Comment

I haven't even had the patience to sit through all the effing films yet never mind pick up a book about all that fantasy cobblers.

The only books I pick up these days have "Menu" written along the top.
        "If it floats, flies, or f***s, lease it." - Evel Knievel when he wasn't jumping buses or women

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN
          Probably think we've got enough things to wipe our arses on these days, what with all the free papers and junk mail.

Besides there's a little thing called the internet. Faster, cheaper, and more reliable.
          "If it floats, flies, or f***s, lease it." - Evel Knievel when he wasn't jumping buses or women

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Dispensable
            Probably think we've got enough things to wipe our arses on these days, what with all the free papers and junk mail.

Besides there's a little thing called the internet. Faster, cheaper, and more reliable.
            but CW paper edition was free, was for me anyway.

Comment

It's all free, but I prefer to skim thru it on the train rather when I have nothin better to do.

Comment

They still do - get mine every week.

Linky below:

http://www.qssweb.co.uk/controlledcirc/main/index.aspx

Comment

oh I get something called IT Week nowadays is it the same thing?

Comment

They do but they assess your 'worth' to them with a questionnaire at sign-up. If you don't look big enough, employ enough or spend enough then they fob you off with the electronic one.

One sure fire way to know your companies place in the pecking order

Comment

Working...
                    X