• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor rate increases

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor rate increases

Official figures also showed that average earnings rose 4.6% in the three months to February, which is the fastest rate for almost three years.
    Come on guys, the permies are getting pay rises every five minutes, demand for contractors is strong.

If you haven't increased your rates recently, now is the time to go super sized.

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

I'm already getting far more than I deserve, I don't want to rock the boat
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Hays won't re-write my contract to put it outside of IR35, extesion in offering so asking for an extra 10% for that and a 5% for cost of living since I have been at this gig a year.
      Wait and see, look for a new gig anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
        I'm already getting far more than I deserve, I don't want to rock the boat

yeah, same here really
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

How does it work out with contracts within ir35 ?
          After paying 40% tax and 12% NI you get the same as a permi job or I am missing something.

Comment

Working...
          X