• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New contractor, need help!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New contractor, need help!!!

Hi people.

I am resident of the UK and have just started contracting in Sweden. Now i have been asked by the recruitment agency how i am set up?? To be honest, i have no clue on how to set up, either as a LTD company in the UK or abroad or work under an Umbrella company?? This is all new stuff to me and was wondering if anyone can advise me on what these entities are and mean and which would be most beneficial to me with regards to tax and the rest???

Thank you.

Please search the forum before asking a question that has been asked a million times before.
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

That is not very helpful is it? I do not think that this board is just a playground for a sad few to engage in banter. Help the guy.

Who is the client bash?
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by bash
        Hi people.

I am resident of the UK and have just started contracting in Sweden. Now i have been asked by the recruitment agency how i am set up?? To be honest, i have no clue on how to set up, either as a LTD company in the UK or abroad or work under an Umbrella company?? This is all new stuff to me and was wondering if anyone can advise me on what these entities are and mean and which would be most beneficial to me with regards to tax and the rest???

Thank you.
        How long do you intend on contracting for? if it's only a short time, then probably an umbrella company would suit you best. If you're in it for the long term, set up a Ltd and get a good accountant - check these guys out >> http://www.nixonwilliams.com
        Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
          Who is the client bash?
          and the hiring manager's name and phone number...
          God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Originally posted by Euro-commuter
            and the hiring manager's name and phone number...
            and provide 4 references to DA

Comment

Hi if you need any help you can come my way. Just ask

Comment

Originally posted by lilfreckles
                Hi if you need any help you can come my way. Just ask
                Reckles, what does LILF stand for?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                  Reckles, what does LILF stand for?
                  A play on MILF?

Comment

Thanks guys for the replies.

I'm sorry for not searching the forum. I'm contracting for Ericsson and basically just wanted some information on what the best option would be for me with regards to setting up my business, so to speak.

Do i set up as a limited company in the UK or abroad or do i get an Umbrella company to do everything for me for a fee???? Which would be most financially beneficial????

I really do appreciate your help guys!!!

Bash.

Comment

Working...
                    X