• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We've been saying it for years

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've been saying it for years

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6571269.stm

Only one of Britain's five wealthiest people was born in the UK, according to the Sunday Times Rich List 2007.
    The £19bn fortune of Indian steel magnate Lakshmi Mittal ensured he kept his title as Britain's richest person.

The Duke of Westminster was ranked at number five in the list behind four non-Britons, including Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich who is worth £10.8bn.

Analysts said a growing number of mega-rich foreigners are attracted to the UK by a generous tax regime.

Come to Britain, we have almost no tax here.

Thanks,

Gordon Brown

PS. I'd like to thank my publicist, the BBC, for making it all possible.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Originally posted by _V_
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6571269.stm

Only one of Britain's five wealthiest people was born in the UK, according to the Sunday Times Rich List 2007.
    The £19bn fortune of Indian steel magnate Lakshmi Mittal ensured he kept his title as Britain's richest person.

The Duke of Westminster was ranked at number five in the list behind four non-Britons, including Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich who is worth £10.8bn.

Analysts said a growing number of mega-rich foreigners are attracted to the UK by a generous tax regime.

Come to Britain, we have almost no tax here.

Thanks,

Gordon Brown

PS. I'd like to thank my publicist, the BBC, for making it all possible.

And the only reason for this is because non-domiciled residents are not taxed on their worldwide income, only income remitted to the UK.

Comment

Working...
    X