• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Timeout Period for 2 year rule?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timeout Period for 2 year rule?

What's the situation with the 2 year rule timeout period? ie. If I worked at a site in London for 2 years, then worked at a site in Manchester for 6 months. Could I then go back to a site in London and at what period would the 2 year rule be reset? Or is it forever? Or is it 6 months, or what?

Originally posted by rawly
    What's the situation with the 2 year rule timeout period? ie. If I worked at a site in London for 2 years, then worked at a site in Manchester for 6 months. Could I then go back to a site in London and at what period would the 2 year rule be reset? Or is it forever? Or is it 6 months, or what?
    Indefinitely for the same client, irrespective of where it is based.

You have to start afresh with new search and win new work for it to be reset.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
      Indefinitely for the same client, irrespective of where it is based.

You have to start afresh with new search and win new work for it to be reset.
      Different clients. May be I didn't make this clear. If I worked for Client A for 2 years, then worked for client B for 1 year, can I then go back to Client A after 1 year and the 2 years will have reset for Client A?

Comment

So if you err on the side of caution then, say you pay yourself a modest salary and the rest in divies. Once you get into the 40% band, do you then pay 20% corp tax AND 40% i/c tax? Surely not.....

Comment

For the love of god search! I'm pleading with you now.

20 seconds later: http://forums.contractoruk.com/showp...86&postcount=6

Search! The forums long lost friend.

Comment

ok, so does that mean you pay 20% corp tax plus 22.5% income tax once over the threashold?

Comment

http://forums.contractoruk.com/thread16109.html

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X