• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ITIL Foundation Certificate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ITIL Foundation Certificate

I've got zero of knowledge of ITIL but need to get ITIL Foundation Certificate as soon as I can. From those who've done it, is it something you can easily pick up from a book, or would be a good idea to take some formal training? If so, any providers in the UK to recommend?

Cheers.

Like the Prince2 foundation, it's difficult *not* to pass the ITIL foundation exam. Also like the Prince2 foundation, you can get through by giving the most sensible real-world answers to the multiple choice questions.

Having said all this, I'm not sure of the value of an ITIL foundation alone, without the two "proper" certifications that follow. Those are most certainly not a piece of cake.

Comment

ITIL foundation is pretty easy to pass, as long as you have the basic understanding of how the service delivery environment you shouldnt have problems just reading up for a weekend then taking the exam...

Comment

Sysop do a good online ITIL Foundation course.

Sysop Foundation

You'll need this before you can take the Manager's Certificate.
        Last edited by cojak; 20 April 2007, 16:37.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I just need the basic ITIL Foundation cert as a it's a requirement for something else I'm after. I'm reluctant to shell out £300 for a web-course if it's doable by reading a book. Any to recommend?

Comment

How about the ITIL manuals - about £200 from the stationery office...

You will still know damn all about Service Management, but at least you can describe the difference between an Incident and a Problem...

And that helps how, exactly?
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              How about the ITIL manuals - about £200 from the stationery office...

You will still know damn all about Service Management, but at least you can describe the difference between an Incident and a Problem...

And that helps how, exactly?

Do you really need ITIL to describe the difference between an Incident and a Problem

surely not ?

Comment

Originally posted by arthur_cider View Post
                Do you really need ITIL to describe the difference between an Incident and a Problem

surely not ?
                Wow, that comment was worth resurrecting this old thread. Inspired.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                  Wow, that comment was worth resurrecting this old thread. Inspired.
                  OK, so what is the difference - without reference to my PM or website...
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                    OK, so what is the difference - without reference to my PM or website...
                    Incidents are the result of an (in)action and can lead to Problems occurring.

You need to investigate the cause of the incident and implement a change in behaviour or procedure etc to make sure future problems do not occur.

Apologies, my original post was not meant to come over as a know-it-all response.

Comment

Working...
                    X