• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor & Insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor & Insurance

Hello fellow contractors,

I have recently setup a Ltd Company and have appointed an accountant.

However I am being asked ny my agency to provide evidence that I have

(Employers’ Liability Insurance, Public Liability Insurance and Professional Indemnity Insurance – all to a minimum value of £1,000,000).

Can anyone advise from personal experience where obtain this cover and generally how much it should cost?

Thanks

Irony Overload. Someone named google face asking about a topic that could have been covered BY A ******* SEARCH YOU. I MEAN ITS NOT HARD. YOU TYPE "INSURANCE" INTO THE SODDING SEARCH BOX AND IT GIVES YOU ALL THE ******* INFO THAT YOU NEED.

I really hope this is a troll by a existing member as I cannot believe that anyone can be that ******* STUPID.

Comment

Or..... go to the CUK home page and click on the Insurance link. Easy peasy.
      It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Stick with it me old mate - you do get a few on here with pmt.

Comment

Don't be so swift to anger Sockpuppet!

He asked "Can anyone advise from personal experience"

not

"can you direct me to any old company whose web designer just happens to be good at search engine optimisation"

I use Caunce O'Hara but I've never had to claim on their policies so I've no idea how good they are (and hope to keep it that way!).

Comment

SockMuppet

SockMuppet,

Nothing but condescending comments are posted by you, so put a f******* sock in it you muppet. I don't think your gettin enough, maybe spending less time at your computer screen with your **** in one hand and a sock in the other might help

All other posters thanks for the helpful, constructive comments.
            Last edited by Contractor UK; 23 April 2007, 09:10.

Comment

Hi Googleface, welcome to CUK.

Don't worry about SockPuppet, I think he and many others just get a little tired of the same old questions being asked all the time, especially when they start with "my agency says I have to...".

There are lots of good reasons for this, and it does annoy me from time to time too...

You're the Director of a Ltd Company, with legal obligations to various parties, including UK Gov, HMRC and your shareholders. Stop acting like an employee and doing as you are told, and start thinking and working for yourself.

Some of what you are asking implies you are already are breaking the law - you are legally required to have ELI.

It's a mindset, and if you cannot get into it, and then work to be in business in your own right, then you need to look at Umbrella PAYE instead.

Just to be a bit helpful:

I've used Dallas Kirkland (www.dallaskirkland.co.uk) in the past, however they only offer up to £1m, which isn't enough for some of my projects now.

Comment

At Last

Crossroads,

At last I receive a descriptive none condascending reply.

I can sympathise with peoples frustrations, but in the end this is a forum
                and we are free to ask/answer what we desire regardless of users tollerance to the same old questions.

But you are completely correct I must change my mindset and start being more independent as that is what I am from this time on, "an independent company"

I will take a look at the insurance company and again thanks.

Googleface

Comment

I have just been advised by a contractor friend of mine that Hiscox is a good place to go for PI and PL Insurance and QDOS for IR35 Insurance...so thats where I'm headed for what it's worth...
                  Property advisor for the people

Comment

If you're with the PCG you get a discount with their partner insurer - I think I pay about 250 per year for all.
                    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                    X