• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dell vs Toshiba

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell vs Toshiba

Odd question perhaps but do any of you guys have any thoughts on which laptops are better as a rule, Toshibas or Dells?
    I've always used a Toshiba, Ibut I'm about to buy a new one and a friend is harping on about getting a Dell...

Re: Dell vs Toshiba or (Fujitsu Siemens?)

I luurve my lifebook..... it's powerful, fast and beautiful.

Comment

oh nooo, don't add another one into the equation!

Comment

Doesn't matter to me - both Dell & Toshiba are good. Steer clear of Fujitsu (ICL) though (not necessarily because they make dodgy laptops though - heaven forbid - although their hard disks hate NetWare for some reason) :lol .

Actually I can't use either mouse option the pad (Dell) or the pokything in the middle of the keyboard wotsit (Toshiba) - I have to carry a trackball with me.

When are laptop manufacturers going to realise that they're a complete waste of time and money (and that awful big gab between the start of the laptop and the keyboard), and simply incorporate a mouse or a trackball on a spring cable reel, or built in radio receiver (al la logitech) or something. Oh sorry, have I suddenly let the cat out of the bag - who's got those ideas patented?

I got an Advent, and before that an Acer - both worked for me!

Comment

Haven't had any problems with DELL inspiron 7500 - but it is a bit on the heavy side (although more recent models are lighter)

Comment

Cool. I'm thinking about the Inspiron 8200, I think it's quite light. I love the nipples actually, can't use those pads though.. total nightmare.
            Thanks anyway guys

Comment

Thanks Rob - I dont think.

Dell have some serious issues with reliability plus the customer service is abysmal. If choosing between dell and tosh - I would get the tosh.

Failing that Fujitsu are good - If you email me a spec I can price for Fujitsu, Acer and Samsung. (very good prices on Acer at the moment)

MArk
              [email protected]

Comment

Got a Toshiba Notebook (Only a cheapo Satellite 1670) and not that impressed - the space key is heavy, the display not as good as my Mitac and sometimes it does not want to start up.

And that button thing leaves dents in my fingers. It's a crocodile's clitoris in my opinion.

Comment

I showed my pal your answers. He actually works for Dell and has this to say..

"Last year, and so this year, Dell to date have the lowest customer issue rates in the computer industry, we are the only!!!! computer company to keep growing in market share, which means were getting more customers. Also Dell has the most awards in the copmuter market for after sales services, and the one or two that get a bad experience are just a minut portion of the millions of systems we sell throughout Europe every year"..

Comment

Dell customer service (unless you're a large corporate buyer) does suck BIG TIME.

Having said that - I've no problems with my Inspiron 8500.

Tosh's aren't bad either. It depends on what you want it for really.

Never buy any fuji kit.

Comment

Working...
                    X