• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Legal Requirement: Company Details on Emails

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legal Requirement: Company Details on Emails

Morning All,

I am seeing this more and more, at the bottom of emails a signature containing:

MD's Name
    Company Registered Name
    Company Registered Number
    Company Registered Register Office
    etc

I think this is a new EU law. Is everyone complying ?

What exactly is the requirement, what exactly has to be there ?

Milan.

Originally posted by milanbenes
    Morning All,

I am seeing this more and more, at the bottom of emails a signature containing:

MD's Name
    Company Registered Name
    Company Registered Number
    Company Registered Register Office
    etc

I think this is a new EU law. Is everyone complying ?

What exactly is the requirement, what exactly has to be there ?

Milan.
    Depth of imaginary swimming pool? Current earnings of Plan "B"?

Comment

Ï've told you before, less of it.

If you don't know the answer, kindly try to be quiet,
      you may even learn something.

Milan.

Comment

Since my LTD inception in 1999 I have always provided this information on letters & invoices. I just assumed it was being professional.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
          Since my LTD inception in 1999 I have always provided this information on letters & invoices. I just assumed it was being professional.
          So have I, but do you add all that stuff on emails too?

I heard a rumour that this was to become rules.

Comment

thank you Wendigo,

hence my question

yes I think it is the rule now, but does anyone know the exact details

Milan.

Comment

Take a look at this thread

There was a rumour that you had to have an email address in your website as well, but this was wrong (I actually read the amendment), a contact form will do.

My learning wasn't wasted...

Summary:

You need your Registered No. registered office and Country of Registration (if Ltd); your VAT No. (if registered), your DPA No (if registered) on website and emails.

Basically it's an extension of what you already put on letters and invoices (you do, don't you.. ).
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Putting all that stuff on emails - isn't there a much greater chance of your company information being abused?

Comment

here it is:

http://www.out-law.com/page-5536

Milan.

Comment

I got this from SJD a while back...

"As of New Years Eve, clients should ensure that their websites, business letters, order forms etc contain the company's full name and its place of registration, company number and registered office.

These would normally be included anyway but now those who don’t will now be liable to a fine.

This may well also apply to emails, which can be interpreted as a "business letter". Therefore best advice is to ensure that all emails sent contain these details in the standard rubric at the end."

So yes, I have it all at the end of my emails now.
                    I wonder if we should be puttnig it all at the end of our posts too?
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                    X