• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Punch Up in the Park

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Punch Up in the Park

oh dear...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...ds/6582373.stm

'Police closed Handsworth Park in Birmingham after trouble flared at the Vaisakhi event, held as part of Sikh new year celebrations.

Jay Singh, who went with his wife and two young sons, said he probably would not go to the event again.

He said: "I regret it now taking my children there.

"A sword was drawn. I can't recall.. if anybody was attacked with a sword, but I did moments later see a Sikh man sheathing that sword again.

"There was obviously scuffling, fighting. Grown men were carrying big sticks - it was a nasty experience."

ooops

Milan.

Originally posted by milanbenes
    oh dear...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...ds/6582373.stm

'Police closed Handsworth Park in Birmingham after trouble flared at the Vaisakhi event, held as part of Sikh new year celebrations.

Jay Singh, who went with his wife and two young sons, said he probably would not go to the event again.

He said: "I regret it now taking my children there.

"A sword was drawn. I can't recall.. if anybody was attacked with a sword, but I did moments later see a Sikh man sheathing that sword again.

"There was obviously scuffling, fighting. Grown men were carrying big sticks - it was a nasty experience."

ooops

Milan.
    It's never failed to amaze me that if I carry a dagger in public, I get done for possessing an offensive weapon yet apparently Sikhs can carry the same item as a ceremonial religious item. What happened to the 'one law for all' philosophy?
    Life is one of those things alot of people find hard to avoid

Comment

Originally posted by Throb_Nugget
      It's never failed to amaze me that if I carry a dagger in public, I get done for possessing an offensive weapon yet apparently Sikhs can carry the same item as a ceremonial religious item. What happened to the 'one law for all' philosophy?
      The sikhs were set up in order to fight and check the forces of militant Islam. I say give them machine guns and tactical nuclear weapons

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Someone on ccnet was caught up in it

http://www.lamesitealert.com/forum/v...ic.php?t=11499

edit: replace lamesitealert (lame what country is this like dude?) with
        computer contractor.net
        I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Originally posted by Numptycorner
          Someone on ccnet was caught up in it

http://www.lamesitealert.com/forum/v...ic.php?t=11499

computer contractor.net
          Huh? What are you on about? Why not just post the correct link and stop playing silly games?

(I tried www.ccnet.com, www.cc.net.com, and a couple of others, and none worked.)
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot
            Huh? What are you on about? Why not just post the correct link and stop playing silly games?

(I tried www.ccnet.com, www.cc.net.com, and a couple of others, and none worked.)
            erm the clue was in the following text:

computer contractor.net

HTH.

Comment

you can't type in www.computercontractor.net

(computer contractor dot net)
              I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist
                The sikhs were set up in order to fight and check the forces of militant Islam.
                Were they? Never heard of this before.

Any sources you can quote?

Comment

Working...
                X