• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CV writing service recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CV writing service recommendations

Can anyone recommend a professional CV writing and formatting service geared for IT contractors? Mine has served me well, AFAIK, but is starting to look "busy" and I think needs a good prune and revamp. TIA.

Obviously I'm best placed to decide what to prune, but I need some guidance or ideas for how to restructure it and, primarily, keep it short and to the point.
    Last edited by OwlHoot; 23 April 2007, 13:13.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

I got http://www.cvservices.co.uk/ to give mine a makeover.

I had to do a little tweaking of their output, but I've had plenty of positive comments on my CV since then.

Comment

Jeez, whats next, company that wipes your ass?

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot
        Can anyone recommend a professional CV writing and formatting service geared for IT contractors? Mine has served me well, AFAIK, but is starting to look "busy" and I think needs a good prune and revamp. TIA.

Obviously I'm best placed to decide what to prune, but I need some guidance or ideas for how to restructure it and, primarily, keep it short and to the point.
        Most recent at the front to include what you have specifically done (not aspirations of the project). Put down achievements of note and stick to no more than three pages. No one is interested in your hobbies, names of children etc.

Employers generally like to see start to finish on projects, they are not interested on whether a project was on time or within budget (because there is no such thing). If you manage or team lead then say so. say what your resonsibilities are and dont forget to write down all names and telephone numbers of contacts, ex employers and current on going opportunities.

After all we agents like an easy life

And by the way, a simple format , no boxes. Remember you are not selling a house with an avocado bathroom suite to a chav.
        Last edited by DodgyAgent; 23 April 2007, 13:59.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Diestl
          Here, here !

Comment

LOL

excellent DA

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Should anyone be in the market for an avocado bathroom suite, I can, from my desk, see one that's been ripped out of the house across the road.

Any offers?
              Avocado? Wouldn't that be the perfect camouflage for a Giant Alien Lizard sitting in the garden spying on the human race?

Comment

Originally posted by Diestl

http://www.bupacarehomes.co.uk/
                I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

while we are in rich contractor mode
                  Is there any services available to negotiate rate with the scum agents ?

Comment

Working...
                  X