• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

bogus contract ad..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bogus contract ad..

Computer Futures seem to run this ad every week..

"Business Objects - Croydon

Salary: Negotiable
    Company: Computer Futures Solutions - City
    Job type: Contract
    Date posted: 23/04/2007 17:46:24

Computer Futures Solutions are seeking an experienced IT professional with Business Objects experience to be based Croydon. You will be coming into a recognised company and assisting them with the fixing and administering of the current system. The role is initially three months but there is an opportunity to secure a longer contract. If you're available immediately please call Daniel Brennan on 0207 446 6666 or reply to this advert. "

Strange, that when I sent my cv forward for it a couple of weeks ago I was told that client no longer required a contractor. Phoned them back later that day, gave a different name and amazingly the position was 'live' again and could I send in my CV. *******.

That's only because you got rejected and they are still looking for someone suitable! Why can't agents just be brave enough to tell you the truth... it's a Yes or a No , simple mate.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN
      That's only because you got rejected and they are still looking for someone suitable! Why can't agents just be brave enough to tell you the truth... it's a Yes or a No , simple mate.

Because they live in the hope that a no will turn into a yes. Just like me and SallyAnne

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

But my CV always gets me an interview! I've noticed that they use exactly the same text in other ads when fishing for cv's.

Comment

If only it was as simple as that. It is all very well telling someone no but they sometimes want an explanation and then argue about it whether the agent knows or not. It can be very time consuming to go into, which is why agents avoid talking about it. Really they should be straightforward enough to do this as most contractors are used to rejection (where is El Duder? BTW)
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Yeah, they do that with many peoples CVs. I've seen whole paragraphs lifted out of mine and used as job adds.

I reckon all the job adverts are fake, and the real jobs they never advertise.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I once did Business Objects in Croydon. Was this Home Office?

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
                Really they should be straightforward enough to do this as most contractors are used to rejection (where is El Duder? BTW)
                Cruel DA, very cruel!

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                  Yeah, they do that with many peoples CVs. I've seen whole paragraphs lifted out of mine and used as job adds.

I reckon all the job adverts are fake, and the real jobs they never advertise.
                  Threaded, dear, dear boy, how many "d"s in advertisement?

If you're going to play "the big I am" then FFS sort your spelling out.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                    Threaded, dear, dear boy, how many "d"s in advertisement?

If you're going to play "the big I am" then FFS sort your spelling out.
                    Why are you correcting yourself?

Comment

Working...
                    X