• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recommend an accountant?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend an accountant?

OK, thanks to the good advice on this board, I am going to trade through a limited company instead of an umbrella...

Can anyone recommend an accountant whose services they are content with?

I have run my own limited company before - but I used "360" who appointed me an account manager that did most things for me. They also told me I was inside IR35. I am hoping that my next contract will be outside IR35 so I guess things will be different.

How about SJD accountancy? Fit the bill for me?
    Last edited by SoupDragon; 24 April 2007, 09:29.

I use 1st Accountancy and am more than happy with their service...(Darren is a poster on here)
    Property advisor for the people

Comment

Originally posted by Vito
      I use 1st Accountancy and am more than happy with their service...(Darren is a poster on here)

Is this their website?

http://www.london-1st.co.uk/Main.aspx

I'm looking to sack my current accountant

Comment

Sorry...my mistake, I'd forgotten that they have changed their name...

They are now called 'Upton & Co.'...

Web address as follows: http://www.uptonaccountants.com/

Comment

I wouldn't touch a company whose website does not have a clear contact page, stating their address and direct dial numbers (as supposed to pay us every time you call 0845 numbers)

I also wouldn't recommend the guy that did their website, Roskakori. Looks like something from a free webdesign package on a 1990s magazine coverdisk!

Comment

I tend to judge accountants by their ability to do my accounts...but I guess everyone wants different things...

Comment

Originally posted by marcosscriven
              I wouldn't touch a company whose website does not have a clear contact page, stating their address and direct dial numbers (as supposed to pay us every time you call 0845 numbers)

I also wouldn't recommend the guy that did their website, Roskakori. Looks like something from a free webdesign package on a 1990s magazine coverdisk!
              Yep, Darren's website is unfortunately a bit poor. You could always call on 01924 369 691 and have a chat. He'll answer your questions and whenever I've had to call I've always had the answers quickly and, more importantly, in a manner I can understand.

Comment

SJD or Nixon Williams

You'll find the answer in hundreds of posts on these pages...
                Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by Epiphone
                  Yep, Darren's website is unfortunately a bit poor. You could always call on 01924 369 691 and have a chat. He'll answer your questions and whenever I've had to call I've always had the answers quickly and, more importantly, in a manner I can understand.
                  Very true, the new website is currently in draft and awaiting a bit more input before unleashing on the world!

Comment

Originally posted by SoupDragon
                    OK, thanks to the good advice on this board, I am going to trade through a limited company instead of an umbrella...

Can anyone recommend an accountant whose services they are content with?

I have run my own limited company before - but I used "360" who appointed me an account manager that did most things for me. They also told me I was inside IR35. I am hoping that my next contract will be outside IR35 so I guess things will be different.

How about SJD accountancy? Fit the bill for me?
                    I recommend Darren @ Upton too....excellent service, always friendly and prompt replies to any questions.

Comment

Working...
                    X