• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permies claiming for lunches?!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permies claiming for lunches?!

Having started my job in permie world, I was a little surprised to find the consultants claiming for lunch when working at customer sites.

When I asked about this, my permie friend stated that "as we don't have the option of turning up with a packed lunch, we can expense lunch". Yeah, like I'm going to be turning up anywhere with my Mr Men lunch box!

I didn't claim for sustinence when contracting, so feel a little strange about it now.

Wonder what hector will say if he comes knocking?

Originally posted by Goya
    Having started my job in permie world, I was a little surprised to find the consultants claiming for lunch when working at customer sites.

When I asked about this, my permie friend stated that "as we don't have the option of turning up with a packed lunch, we can expense lunch". Yeah, like I'm going to be turning up anywhere with my Mr Men lunch box!

I didn't claim for sustinence when contracting, so feel a little strange about it now.

Wonder what hector will say if he comes knocking?
    A Perm consultant is no different to a contractor. You could have claimed for Lunch when working away from Home, so can those of Bigco Consultancy.

You could have claimed, you chose not to.

Comment

Working...
    X