• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Car Aston v Maserati

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Car Aston v Maserati

Time to change the mondeo and I have decided that there are two cars that I really like. One is the upcoming Maserati Grand Turismo and the other is the Aston Martin Vantage.

Which one? I like the maser. http://uk.cars.ign.com/articles/766/766585p1.html
    Maserati
    31.58%
    Aston
    57.89%
    Porsche
    10.53%
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Both, you'll need to drive one when the other has broken down.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
      Both, you'll need to drive one when the other has broken down.

I may just keep the Mondeo as backup for breakdowns and for being seen by contractors in.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

The problem with my vantage is I have to constantly polish the marks off the bonnet and roof left by all the scantily clad bikini wearing young women who annoyingly jump on the bonnet and claim they'll give me a better ride!!!

Comment

Talking of stylish cars that break down, how about an Alfa 8c Competizione:

http://tinyurl.com/ztvu3

Gorgeous.

Comment

Bugati Veyron?

I am sure your hard work has richly justified the earnings.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
              Time to change the mondeo and I have decided that there are two cars that I really like. One is the upcoming Maserati Grand Turismo and the other is the Aston Martin Vantage.

Which one? I like the maser. http://uk.cars.ign.com/articles/766/766585p1.html
              When I was a young permie back in the late eighties, a contractor I worked with made a similar(ish) upgrade from a Vauxhall Chevette to a 911. After one week he rolled it into a field when a corner appeared from somewhere. He was pished drunk and had his missus with him who was angling to get shot of him anyway. Upshot was he had to take the hit for the porsche write-off, got banned, missus left him and, to add insult to injury, she sued the s**t out of him.

I'd go for the Maserati.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy
                Talking of stylish cars that break down, how about an Alfa 8c Competizione:

http://tinyurl.com/ztvu3

Gorgeous.
                I prefer the 612 Scaglietti - Oh yes!

Comment

Originally posted by Weltchy
                  The problem with my vantage is I have to constantly polish the marks off the bonnet and roof left by all the scantily clad bikini wearing young women who annoyingly jump on the bonnet and claim they'll give me a better ride!!!
                  Weltchy are you a recruitment consultant by any chance?

I do like the Alfa though, isnt it a bit too pricey for us poor recruitment agency people?

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_neil_uk
                    Bugati Veyron?

I am sure your hard work has richly justified the earnings.
                    I am not sure that people who buy these sort of cars really appreciate what they are. I think that people who buy them do so simply because they can afford them and want the rest of the world to know about it.

DA in "sneering at what he cannot afford" mode

Comment

Working...
                    X