• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can I call a taxi for you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I call a taxi for you?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6585411.stm
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Don't let the door slam you on the arse as you leave.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Unfortunately, it's not the ne'er-do-wells who are leaving though, is it?
        Its the same the whole world over
        Its the poor wot gets the blame
        Its the rich wot gets the gravy
        Aint it all a ****** shame

From 'How to succeed in contracting' by EternalOptimist Harper Collins £25.99

Chapter 11 - 'Contractor drinking songs'

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

From the article:

"The Archbishop of York has compared Britain with Uganda under Idi Amin"

As the old saying goes, there's no fool like a clerical fool.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

It amazes me how articles like this make it out that it is somehow "our" fault (with apologies to those who dont like the use of words like our when speaking about the indiginous population).

Why should people not suspect and question Islam?
            Why should Muslims be treated the same as they were ten years ago?
            How can we believe Muslims can live in non secular society peacefuly?

10 years ago thye were not flying planes into buildings, setting bombs off on trains, threatening to behead cartoonists and dancing in the street to celebrate every western death.
            Islam has been put under the microscope and many people are now reading just what it means to be a Muslim (self included) and finding that Islam is an all or nothing religion. Its practitioners are asking for tolerance while preaching intolerance. Demanding rights to things which are not religious imperatives yet claiming not to do certain things that their holy book insists on.

I am sorry they feel threatened, but they should look to their own before blaming us.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Unfortunately, it's not the ne'er-do-wells who are leaving though, is it?
                'tis a start though nest-ce pas?
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                X