• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lookout Superman...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lookout Superman...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/6584229.stm

'Kryptonite' discovered in mine

Very definitely not green
    Kryptonite is no longer just the stuff of fiction feared by caped superheroes.

Damn, no wonder the other developers were looking at me smugly this morning. They know my vulnerability has become a faint reality. Mr perfect developer has an achilles heel. Damn

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I'm a little bit miffed that it doesn't contain any Krypton. Although Krypton is a bit inert so I suppose it wouldn't be likely.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        I recall that someone made a "compound" with Krypton or one of the noble gases in it... by constructing a cage of atoms around the Krypton atom.

It was physically bound, without any chemical bonding whatsoever.

I really am a sad bastard.
        Even sadder in that I can correct you and say that this effect has been found to occur naturally and that noble gases have been detected within buckey-balls extracted from meteorites.

HTH

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Yeah.

It's a real bummer; anything creative like that nature has already done before...
          Agreed. Diamonds would have been a great invention...

Comment

There's supposed to be bits of mineral knocking about that is an entirely new form of matter according to New Scientist but I forget the details. I would look it up but the New Scientist website causes my Windows Vista to enter another dimension.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
            X