• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

hiring someone on a work permit ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hiring someone on a work permit ?

Has anyone hired an employee on a work-permit ? Looks like , with IT , this is not feasible because you have to try to recruit locally first. ( This is because IT is not on the shortage occupations list.)

P.S. Because they are cheaper.

Do they already have a work permit, if so is it for thier current employer or for any mother trucker.

Yes, I have a warehouse with about 200 of them in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
      Do they already have a work permit, if so is it for thier current employer or for any mother trucker.

Yes, I have a warehouse with about 200 of them in it.

They don't have employer nor are in the UK nor they can work in the UK without a "work permit". I don't know about truckers but with highly skilled workers ( no offence to any truckers , I have trucker friends ) , like IT , the Immigration is going to ask whether you have tried to recruit locally ( in the UK ) before issuing the work permit. And we know we can recruit locally , but the point is that we don't want to because we can import cheaper labor.

Anyways, this is not going to work without any dodgy tricks.\ Man I didn't think of that .. I wanted to grow my biz that way.
      Last edited by 2uk; 24 April 2007, 17:41.

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk
        ... you have to try to recruit locally first. ( This is because IT is not on the shortage occupations list.)
        Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Working...
        X