• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Zeity... we know where you live

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zeity... we know where you live

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/6589157.stm

This looks like the most promising place so far in the search for life, now all we need is a near light speed drive to get there.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Ah-ha!!

I will track the green one down to the ends of the Universe

Comment

I love this. If there is life, how will the christians claim that there could be evil there? Evil was brought into this world when eve scoffed the apple. This could finish off the religious loons for ever

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist
        I love this. If there is life, how will the christians claim that there could be evil there? Evil was brought into this world when eve scoffed the apple. This could finish off the religious loons for ever
        Couldn't evil have been brought into other worlds too?

If I were God I'd make sure everyone in the universe had it - no favouritism from me! And especially those large reptiles...

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
          http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/6589157.stm

This looks like the most promising place so far in the search for life, now all we need is a near light speed drive to get there.
          The US Military knew about this years ago probably already visiting
          it, remember they kept the stealth fighter hidden for 10years before telling the public. The truth is out there....

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Spark
            The US Military knew about this years ago probably already visiting
            it, remember they kept the stealth fighter hidden for 10years before telling the public. The truth is out there....
            Nah, the US military like to give the impression that they know what they are doing but as soon as the world realises its all smoke and mirrors the sooner we can start ignoring them, they like the idea that the public think 'area 51' houses some marvels of technology but I suspect its just a big nasty place where they can test stuff that is supposed to be or should be banned.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
            X