• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

P45 when joining an umbrella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P45 when joining an umbrella

So...I just registered with Parasol for my first contract.
    In one of the emails I got after registration, they say they require a P45 from my previous employer otherwise I'll be on emergency tax code.

No knowing much about tax codes (been a permie all my life and also not in the UK for long) I'm not sure if they need my P45 from my permie job (I still don't have it). Question is, do they need P45 from previous permies?

And how bad is this emergency tax code?

Thanks for your patience....

Yes, they do.

Well no actually they dont you could fill in a P46 to get the tax code from HMRC. Emergency tax is not that bad. Basically its code 522L week1/month1. You will get the tax back though when your correct tax code filters down to them.

Comment

Working...
    X