• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Local Elections

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local Elections

So there I was trying to fill out my postal ballot last night. 15 candidates for my parish council. 11 Tories, so no vote there (I still have nightmares about Thatcher and Cameron's an idiot). So I'm left with a choice of 4 independents (no Labour or Lib Dems). I have had no information through the door about these people, and one of the lazy feckers actually lives in the same building (Manor House converted to smaller houses). I try and Google them. I get nothing other than finding out what 2 of them do for a living. They don't even have a write-up in the local paper about the candidates. How do these people expect anyone to vote for them?
    Listen to my last album on Spotify

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
    So there I was trying to fill out my postal ballot last night. 15 candidates for my parish council. 11 Tories, so no vote there (I still have nightmares about Thatcher and Cameron's an idiot). So I'm left with a choice of 4 independents (no Labour or Lib Dems). I have had no information through the door about these people, and one of the lazy feckers actually lives in the same building (Manor House converted to smaller houses). I try and Google them. I get nothing other than finding out what 2 of them do for a living. They don't even have a write-up in the local paper about the candidates. How do these people expect anyone to vote for them?
    Why the **** are you bothering to vote? Probably 99% of people don't know who their local councillor is let alone what shade of political persuasion they are. Why? They keep a low profile. Only those who are important to them (e.g. memebers of the golf club, Chamber of commerce, etc) are the ones who know them.

So you're being asked to vote for someone you know absolutely nothing about, probably have never seen on TV in fact someone who you've had no opportunity to get the measure of and make an informed decision. And you wanna vote foer one of them?

Comment

I've been spoiling my ballot paper for several years now. Things are so bad that this year, I may soil my ballot paper. Dirty protest vote,

Comment

Working...
      X