• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We need more jobs to go to India

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need more jobs to go to India

So that they can spend all their money in London, pushing up house prices.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6599693.stm

Foreign direct investment in London has jumped to £52bn from £38bn two years ago, with India now the second biggest source, a survey has said.
    India accounted for 16% of all new foreign investment into the capital between 2003 and 2007, according to direct investment agency, Think London.

The US remained top, with 31% of new overseas investment in the capital.

More jobs to India and more immigrants. That's the future to keep the boom rolling.

I think you'll find there's still a defecit when factoring in the number of immigrants who send money back 'home'. The number of money transfer services you see where there are large immigrant communities is unbelievable.

I'm sure it's all above board and taxed though, our government is so efficient, so no real need to worry.
    "If it floats, flies, or f***s, lease it." - Evel Knievel when he wasn't jumping buses or women

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Dispensable
      I think you'll find there's still a defecit when factoring in the number of immigrants who send money back 'home'. The number of money transfer services you see where there are large immigrant communities is unbelievable.

I'm sure it's all above board and taxed though, our government is so efficient, so no real need to worry.
      A colleague from Cameroon explained this to me a while ago. They all send money back to their families. As the eldest of 3 he was skimping like mad to send money back home. Now that his brother and sister have got jobs in the US, he can relax a bit and have a decent standard of living.

His advice to me was do not end up with a bird who is going to send money back to her family.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I think that advice can be extended to don't end up with a bird who can't fund herself.

Many of my friends have got lumbered with lazy birds who're looking for a meal ticket so they can give up work on the pretence of raising the kids.

Career women are my favourite. Got their own money, own job to keep themselves busy, not even thinking about kids till their 30s, and usually have some intelligence so you're not stuck watching reality tv every evening in a house littered with gossip magazines about 'celebrities'.
        "If it floats, flies, or f***s, lease it." - Evel Knievel when he wasn't jumping buses or women

Comment

FFS! Now you're complaining because people are investing in the UK?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
          X