• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Media player in Visual Basic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media player in Visual Basic

Think I asked this a few months ago but worth another go or my prog willl have to be released soon without sound.

Media player in VB 6 supposedly needs msdxm.ocx (activex control for Media Player) of a sufficient version. Just hangs otherwise.

Unfortunately, copying a late version of that and trying to register it is recipe for big disasters. From the net I am not the only one to really screw up my Explorer. Best to check for adequate version on installation, and if not found install version with no VB media player and supply link to MS site.

What I can't make out is what is sufficient version and what is really the important file? The version of msdxm.ocx on PC with MP 2 that it hangs on is later than version on PC with MP 7 that's ok. So that's clearly not really the relevant file.

To complicate matters more VB lists msdxm.oca not ocx in references and this is present on ok PC not on hang PC so may be the file tocheck for, but search for that on net brings up nothing. What is an oca file?

Lots of problems on net no solutions. Any info apreciated.

Re: VB Media Player

The oca file usually just contains versioning information for the ocx and can be deleted.

It will be recreated when you use the associated ocx.

Comment

Re: VB Media Player

Ta Geffa. Saves me making one pointless check in install.

Comment

Working...
      X