• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inspiring workplace non-rant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inspiring workplace non-rant

Ah well, not a contractor anymore but working full-time from home for a music software company. I live in a zero crime rural area in a lovely house with great views. The workload is not heavy so I pretty much do what I want with my working day. FedEx delivered beta copies of our soon to be released offerings and I get to play with these for a week or two, it's like getting paid to go to the pub.

No more agents, commutes, IR35, company returns, permies or office politics.

I'm not earning quite as much with my monthly salary but the bonuses make up the difference. Plan B is also working rather well with a couple of scores sold and an album forthcoming. Plan C (the hosting company), is now up and running and doing a turn as well.

I'm not missing being a contractor one bit after twenty seven years.
    Me, me, me...

Congrats Cliphead - that sounds like paradise. I feel the same when I'm kicking back at home doing design or illustration - I must make more of that kind of work instead of the corporate folks I deal with each week.

<mental note to self to be more creative, in such a way that I'm being paid more than an artist's wage, better than living in a suit>

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack
      I feel the same when I'm kicking back at home doing design or illustration - I must make more of that kind of work instead of the corporate folks I deal with each week.
      How would you like to design the album cover?
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead
        As long as it's not purple or french...
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
          As long as it's not purple or french...
          Or based on my avatar.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead
            Sounds like a great idea - PM me.

Comment

Nice one mate. You are obviously a clever guy.

What is yout plan B btw?

Comment

I HATE happy people!
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

This is not what we want to hear Cliphead.

What about your heart problems, messy divorce proceedings, the fact that your hooked up to a breathing machine, tax demands for £100,000 or just plain severe depression.

I mean come on, we need something to brighten up our day:

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates
                    This is not what we want to hear Cliphead.

What about your heart problems, messy divorce proceedings, the fact that your hooked up to a breathing machine, tax demands for £100,000 or just plain severe depression.

I mean come on, we need something to brighten up our day:

Alright, it's not all rosy. I get paid in $.
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X