• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Hayfever"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Hayfever"

has been non stop since March.

Except for the two days it rained.

Fed up now.

We have found the giant alien lizards weakness.

Comment

I tried a homeopathic remedy 25 years ago and I've been free of hayfever ever since. Might be worth having a look.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

I always get it worse March/April, so I think I've now reached the point of it getting less bad as we get into summer proper. My client's office is in woodland which really doesn't help.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I was suffering a bit the back end of this week. Someone told me that you should eat local honey. I mentioned that I drove through three counties daily to get to work so should I take a teaspoonful from each county every day?

He couldn't answer that one.

Comment

You can get a 'jab' up the a55 to help these days can't you?

or so i've heard....

Comment

Yeah I had one when I was a teen, lasted for a few years. Supposedly contained steroids but still looked like a long streak of piss afterwards. Was hoping to turn into arnie overnight without all the poncing about down the local gym.

Only seem to suffer when it's at it's seasonal peak. No sign of any reaction yet so fingers crossed I've finally grown out of it.
              "If it floats, flies, or f***s, lease it." - Evel Knievel when he wasn't jumping buses or women

Comment

Take up smoking. Guaranteed cure.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  It's the trees, Jim, but not as we know it...
                  The worst thing about it is during the peak if I have one single alcholic drink I feel 10x worse the next morning.

I never had this at all until my late 20s. I used to be sick of people at school whining about their bloody hay fever all summer long and think they were making it all up.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Glad (you know what I mean) that I am not theonly sufferer. Take the skin off my nose and top lip at least once a year from continual blowing of the nose - it's like a tap in mid summer!

Totally clear at the minute, which is nice. June / July worse for me, Cow Parsley is the killer - once that stuff comes out I know the misery is not far away. Had it since 13 or so and in mid thirties now - here's hoping I "grow out of it" sometime soon.

[Edit] Smoke like a train so there's that cure out the window. Nice "naughty fag" clears up the flow a bit though
                    Last edited by chubba; 29 April 2007, 22:58. Reason: Oh yeah...

Comment

Working...
                    X