• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can WiFi Fry Your Genitals?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This seems to imply so http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6602561.stm

Originally posted by Kyajae
    Makes you wonder how he got to be a Prof of Physics.

Has it passed him by that the power output on a WiFi is going to be conserably less than that for a mobile phone mast.

You are going to have more problems with the battery heating up, than any from the wifi!

For Gods sake do not tell him that he has just been hit by 50million neutrons - the poor man will be a shivering nervous wreck!

There was another article (blocked from client's site) on BBC Click which dismissed this gibberish.

It is the precautionary principle rearing it's ugly head again. You can never prove that it will not cause harm! Maybe what we should do is all find a nice cave to live in and bash the seven bells out of a bit of flint in a desperate attempt to heat some food - on the other hand that could cause harm, you might scratch a finger, or the cave might collapse, or a bear might decide that your cave is a really nice home.

Comment

Might be some truth in it, it's a well know (urban myth?) that a microwave on the knackers would do that. Had to ditch my wireless movie streaming solution after the microwave kept corrupting it when I tried to make popcorn.

Using home plug (ethernet over power) now, wireless can F right off!
      "If it floats, flies, or f***s, lease it." - Evel Knievel when he wasn't jumping buses or women

Comment

Basically the way to get your report in the news.

Find the "next big thing".

Wait till it becomes main stream

Write a report about how its killing children and puppies.

Sit back relax.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Dispensable
          Might be some truth in it, it's a well know (urban myth?) that a microwave on the knackers would do that. Had to ditch my wireless movie streaming solution after the microwave kept corrupting it when I tried to make popcorn.

how are you finding this, cd?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
            Can it bollox.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by scotspine
              how are you finding this, cd?
              Home Plug? Pretty good, certainly does what I want it to, which is to stream movies and video from my PC upstairs to my TV downstairs.

I've got the Netgear Powerline HD ones but there are many others out there that do the same or even better now as I've had them about 6 months. Got them off broadbandbuyer.co.uk which I can highly recommend as they're fast, reliable and cheap.

Very easy to setup. Just plug them in and configure security if you want to.

There are a few things to watch out for, such as if you're trying to use them over different ring mains they might not work, or if you plug something into a socket that causes interference the performance will be affected. I've only had problems when plugging my mobile phone charger into a nearby socket.

I did some research on possible solutions via AVForums.com, which is full of useful info on this and other AV related kit.
              "If it floats, flies, or f***s, lease it." - Evel Knievel when he wasn't jumping buses or women

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Dispensable

One would expect Microwaves to do that.

However a radio signal is a bit different.

Does this Professor of Physics avoid approaching his TV when it is switched on, since your average CRT shoves out more cr*p than you would get from a tiny little transmitter with a range of about 100 feet!

Comment

I know, I forgot to click on the tongue in cheek smilie.

Do the old smilies still work? I used to like that other spank one, so did the gf

Comment

Working...
                  X