• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Countdown has begun

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Countdown has begun

Now in the last week of my current gig! It was "mutually agreed" that I wouldn't renew - I just couldn't get on with 'Frenchie' (see my other posts regarding this anally retentive Frenchman!).

He was being a real pr1ck right up to the end. At the start of last week he said, in writing, he wanted me to finish wednesday this week (my contract runs until friday this week). I said that would be fine as long as I was paid up until friday. His initial comment was that if he did that he would have to justify it internally and therefore he would have to say my performance has been poor (for which he had no proof). He mentioned that my performance must be poor as there were many other contract PM's who had been with the company for a long time. I pointed out that proved nothing and that it was down to a personality issue between him and I. He denied this! What he may not know is that during the problems I had copied his boss on emails formally complaining. Does anybody know what a client has to do to terminate for "poor performance"?

When I said he was legally obliged to pay me until friday as no contracted notice had been given he seemed shocked. He then changed his mind - said i had to work all this week but that Thursday/Friday would be at a remote office (out of the way!). I am not bothered where I go (within reason) as long as I get paid. Naturally 2 days at home would have been preferred!

I am just glad to be out of this contract. It was a tough timescale and going to be a rough ride. Instead i am looking forward to a nice long trip to the US or, as I told him, a short term contract taking me up to the begining of June!!

If a contract with this client came up again I would check that he wasn't in a million miles of it!

You've not been very professional, have you?

Comment

What's up, Mustang? Did the Frenchie 'try it on' with you?
      Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

OK, Mustang, firstly it doesn't matter how much of a twat the staffer is. You're payed enough to ignore him/her.

Just treat this as a professional relationship.

Churchill - In "Think of the money" mode!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
          You've not been very professional, have you?
          Taken from "Shoving your arrogant unwanted tuppenceworth in for dummies", so beloved of the anally retentive bilge-rat community.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

hear hear

Spod, you're been converted to the Benes wisdom

nice one

there are many more lessons for you to learn, but,

shall we say,

one step at a time eh

Milan.

Comment

What type of role was it mustang, out of interest. Was this froggie your PM or team leader or what ?
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

yeah, an' what are his contact details

Milan in 'let the pro's through' mode.

Comment

the first step is often the hardest

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
                    the first step is often the hardest

Milan.
                    And the first cut is the deepest too.............allegedly.
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X