• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London eyes its own net domain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London eyes its own net domain

London should be the first city to have its own net domain name.....
    Giving London its own TLD would enhance its standing in time for the Olympic Games, and boost tourism beyond the £600m that the city already brings to the UK economy, they claim.

But there is concern that the divide between London and the rest of England could widen, if the capital ... gets its own net domain name.
    London needs a domain name of its own, while Scotland isn't have enough of a recognisable entity to have one?

I think this is great news! Coming just before the elections, this latest piece of "capital" arrogance cannot help but boost the SNP vote.
    God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Classic.

I really don't think London needs anymore of a tourist boost. Even if they did get thier own net domain would it really make more people visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Euro-commuter
      London needs a domain name of its own, while Scotland isn't have enough of a recognisable entity to have one?
      Correct.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

But London IS more important than Scotland economically. What's your point?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Scotland does have it's own domain entity: .co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
            Yes but I'm not sure where there are more ass wipes, London or Scotland.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
              Clearly Scotland. It has the second highest murder rate in Europe and the highest rate of heart disease due to people being not too bright and smoking too many tabs and drinking too much,
              Actually London's economy is bigger than Sweden or Belgium or Russia or Switzerland.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                What a strange use of language.

But if I simply say, "agreed", then what is your point? That a tld should be earned by GDP? Or that economic "importance" is the only kind?

No geograpic tld for Portugal or New Zealand, until London and Paris get them??

My point is that Scotland has an identity, enough to warrant its having a tld even on current ideas of tlds. (I think that London should have one too, since I agree with Postel's idea that there should be hundreds, but that would be stretching the current system).

It does seem to me that this is the kind of parochialism that is typical of London, and England.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
                  I just knew that introducing this topic would remind me why......

Feck me, I could have a more courteous and less racist debate with the leader of the BNP.

Comment

I didn't think having one of these types of tld was anything to do with GDP, rather, it reflected a geographic entity.

Comment

Working...
                    X