• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agents!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agents!

What a bunch of ******* cocks they are
    The pope is a tard.

Lemme guess? He didn't call?

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
      Lemme guess? He didn't call?

Who?

I'm talking about the ones who call you out of the blue.

"Oh Miss XXX, we have a fantastic oportunity for you....so where are you working at the moment?,...Free in 2 weeks you say, will they require anyone else do you know?.....so do you have any other gigs lined up?.....interviews?....talking to anyone?......Actually I dont think this gig will be suitable for you, bye"

Why do they bother wasting my ******* time?

Ring me if you have a job, else just **** off you stupid annoying ******* ****!
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Just chill, they'll never go away and you may wnat to talk to some of them in the future ! I politely break into their intro and say I'm not available until ? ( date well into the future ) and that gets rid of most of the serious agents. It stops them wasting their time also. If they ramble on, again poiltely break in and say you are in the middle of something important and that gets rid of the rest of them.

Comment

There's a particularly awful and desperate agent who now thinks I'm somebody called Nick who's working for him, even though I've told him a few times that I'm not. And even though I've hung up on him at least 20 times. And even though the 30-40 voicemail messages he's left in the past few months haven't been responded to.

I've been meaning to change my voicemail greeting to append a "..and by the way, if that's Charlie - THERE IS NO NICK HERE!".

It was bad enough when he knew who he was calling.

Agents.

Comment

I had one call up yesterday. Asked if I was currently employed, politely told them I am contracting. He then said he has a contract to offer me. So they asked how much my daily rate was to which I replied none of your dam business. He still went on and on then said it’s for a 3 month contract at x amount a day. I told him "That is not even half of my daily rate at the moment, a lot further away from home and something I’m not particularly interested in” and he replied................. “So do you want to apply for this contract??” WTF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by timh
              There's a particularly awful and desperate agent who now thinks I'm somebody called Nick who's working for him, even though I've told him a few times that I'm not. And even though I've hung up on him at least 20 times. And even though the 30-40 voicemail messages he's left in the past few months haven't been responded to.

I've been meaning to change my voicemail greeting to append a "..and by the way, if that's Charlie - THERE IS NO NICK HERE!".

It was bad enough when he knew who he was calling.

Agents.
              You've got a stalker. Dead cat on the doorstep is next.

Comment

Better than a live one. Just bought a barbecue too!

Comment

I routinely ignore any calls from numbers I don't recognise. Most are agents or other cold calling c**ts. If it's important they'll leave a message. Just yesterday some bint left a message about how she'd found my details on her database, yada, yada, bs, bs... Deleted the message with no intention of wasting anymore of my time.

I'll contact them as and when I need them. That goes for emails too. If you respond even to say you're not available, it'll only encourage them to call you to do some digging.

This approach has always worked for me and that's the way I like it.
                  "If it floats, flies, or f***s, lease it." - Evel Knievel when he wasn't jumping buses or women

Comment

I would like to spend a week in an agency, it would be an eye-opener no doubt.

Comment

Working...
                    X