• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

rent receipts.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rent receipts.

My landlord had not provided me with a printed receipt for my monthly rent. Am I supposed to get a printed receipt for my rent ?. The payment is via a Banker’s Draft – not cash.

The way the rent works is: There is an agency , accommodationlondon.com , they advertise the flats. The landlords/owners then go and collect the rent each month. ( They collect banker’s drafts , not cash )

On the back of the rent contract there is a list with the monthly payments schedule. On my request for a receipt , he just signed the schedule for the month. Is this list and their signature enough If I want to claim accommodation expenses later on?

consider the lillies
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
      consider the lillies
      We know that they neither toil nor spin, but how does that help him?
      The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

I don't see that receipts have to be printed - I followed the following
        Payment out - in my case was by company cheque
        Receipt saying
        Recieved from dmini_co, one months rent at £265. And signed, and dated.
        Accountant hasn't queried it.
        Check that their signature is on what was paid - if they write recieved with thanks, and a signature, and preferably a date, that should be enough. It can be backed up by the money trail if ever requested - ie - contract says payment - can see money going out of account , signature.

Its just reminded me that I need to get a receipt for my parking rental though!

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities
          We know that they neither toil nor spin, but how does that help him?
          but ahhhhh
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by dmini
            I don't see that receipts have to be printed - I followed the following
            Payment out - in my case was by company cheque
            Receipt saying
            Recieved from dmini_co, one months rent at £265. And signed, and dated.
            Accountant hasn't queried it.
            Check that their signature is on what was paid - if they write recieved with thanks, and a signature, and preferably a date, that should be enough. It can be backed up by the money trail if ever requested - ie - contract says payment - can see money going out of account , signature.

Its just reminded me that I need to get a receipt for my parking rental though!
            I see. So a printed receipt is not necessarily necessary to back expense claims.

The other paranoiac thought I had , was about them collecting money and not accounting for it ( obviously to skip some tax ).

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
              but ahhhhh
              I don't have a single idea of what you two are talking about

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk
                I don't have a single idea of what you two are talking about
                It's probably for the best...
                The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities
                  It's probably for the best...

for the best for whom ?

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk
                    The other paranoiac thought I had , was about them collecting money and not accounting for it ( obviously to skip some tax ).
                    That, thankfully - is not your problem. They don't pay tax - they get chased direct
                    The paper trail that you need to worry about is yours. You have a contract, a schedule of payments, can prove money is going out of the account at the relevant moments - via statements etc, and have a receipt for payments. You are doing everything above board. If they choose to fiddle it there are a multitude of paths for doing so.

Comment

Working...
                    X