• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PCI Compliance Projects?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCI Compliance Projects?

Anyone seeing much activity in regards to PCI compliance projects?

Given then latest deadline is June 2007, I would like to think there are a few projects out there, but then again I wouldn't mind a few years of this work. Sounds like another Y2K / Chip + Pin thing.
    Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Originally posted by portseven

Given then latest deadline is June 2007, I would like to think there are a few projects out there, but then again I wouldn't mind a few years of this work. Sounds like another Y2K / Chip + Pin thing.
    Yes a lot of work being done, but not seen much in demand for contractors with PCI experience.

I know a lot of big consultancies have jumped on the band wagon and offering a compliance service for this.

Comment

Oh, I've nearly finished it all. Sorry.

Comment

If you look at PCI compliance it's a piece of p1ss. There's not much contract work around because it's the larger companies with x number of transactions who really need to knuckle down so they are calling in the big consultancies.

It's the same as Mifid. All this compliance stuff is the same old sh1t in a different wrapper, that's all...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
          If you look at PCI compliance it's a piece of p1ss. T
          Not if you are non-compliant as some of my clients are not. Especially legacy systems. Is a costly exercise to become compliant.

Comment

Originally posted by ContractIn
            Not if you are non-compliant as some of my clients are not. Especially legacy systems. Is a costly exercise to become compliant.
            Sorry, I meant from a security professionals point of view, not the clients.

Comment

If you look at PCI compliance it's a piece of p1ss.
              Erm, think not. My current gig has a lot of work ahead to become compliant, full upgrade of EPOS software (2800 tills), segmentation and firewall installation into all store networks (200 of the buggers!!), and all that before we look at all the log analysis infrastructure, intrusion detection systems, file integrity monitoring bollox.

Apparently they are not the worst retailer out there, there are others in worse positions
              Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Erm, think not. My current gig has a lot of work ahead to become compliant, full upgrade of EPOS software (2800 tills), segmentation and firewall installation into all store networks (200 of the buggers!!), and all that before we look at all the log analysis infrastructure, intrusion detection systems, file integrity monitoring bollox.

Apparently they are not the worst retailer out there, there are others in worse positions
                My point is none of that is rocket science and given the correct technical and managerial resources, pretty straightforward to deliver. Wait until you get into the secure application development - that's fun!!

That aside, make hay while the sun still shines...

Comment

My point is none of that is rocket science and given the correct technical and managerial resources, pretty straightforward to deliver. Wait until you get into the secure application development - that's fun!!

That aside, make hay while the sun still shines...

Yes very true, all the requirements are very sensible things you should do. It's the retro-fitting to a non-compliant architecture thats the 'hard' bit.

making hay!!

Comment

Working...
                  X