• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rats

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rats

Yesterday I saw a huge rat in the front garden - I don't live in the countryside - what shall I do? actively try to kill it, or just leave it and hope it migrates to the neighbours garden?

Take it to the nearest employment agency, they'll hire it.

Comment

Stick a horse's head in its bed, the dirty rat

Comment

put some bread and cat food down, than normally scares them away

I think

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

get yr self an outdoor animal trap. It's a plastic box with a one-way door. You bait it, it comes the animal, bingo u have him trapped. You can then kill it or torture it or set it free in your neighbour's garden.

Comment

Originally posted by XTC
            get yr self an outdoor animal trap. It's a plastic box with a one-way door. You bait it, it comes the animal, bingo u have him trapped. You can then kill it or torture it or set it free in your neighbour's garden.

You could hit it hard with a major leaflet campaign that says something like "Rats Not Welcome".

Comment

They dont eat, dont sleep
              They dont feed, they dont seethe
              Bare their gums when they moan and squeak
              Lick the dirt off a larger ones feet
              They dont push, dont crowd
              Congregate until theyre much too loud
              fook to procreate till they are dead
              Drink the blood of their so called best friend

They dont scurry when something bigger comes their way
              Dont pack themselves together and run as one
              Dont tulip where theyre not supposed to
              Dont take whats not theirs, they dont compare

They dont scam, dont fight
              Dont oppress an equals given rights
              Starve the poor so they can be well fed
              Line their holes with the dead ones bread

They dont scurry when something bigger comes their way }
              Dont pack themselves together and run as one } (2x)
              Dont tulip where theyre not supposed to }
              Dont take whats not theirs, they dont compare... }

Rats...they dont compare (2x)
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Call UB40 to see if they can pen a melodic ditty about your dilemma!

Comment

Originally posted by zamzummim
                  Yesterday I saw a huge rat in the front garden - I don't live in the countryside - what shall I do? actively try to kill it, or just leave it and hope it migrates to the neighbours garden?
                  Call the local hunt. I think they're allowed to go for rats, but the horns and baying hounds might annoy the neighbours.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by zamzummim
                    I personally hate cats but this is one situation where I would get one and i think you need one too.

On the plus side, a cat will not give a sh1t about how long you stay out during the day, or what time you get home at night.

Comment

Working...
                    X