• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"I think the best team was Chelsea."

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I think the best team was Chelsea."

So sayeth Jose Mourinho after the match last night. Have to disagree with him there, I thought Liverpool deserved their narrow victory and that Kuyt's 'goal' should have stood personally.

Anyone else watch the game?
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

oh gawd,

shaun's out on day release again

how's the medication going ?

and by the way, you wouldn't know a good time if it
    sat on your face and wiggled

Milan.

Comment

Jose Moron-ho must have been watching a different game - Liverpool controlled the game and had most of the chances. I think Moron-ho has a standard script from which he reads every time he is interviewed, including items such as:-
      1) We were the better team and deserved to win.
      2) We should have had a penalty.
      3) Referees hate us and love [insert other team name here]
      4) "They" are out to get us (paranoia or what!)
      5) etc.

Would like to see Utd win tonight to set up a classic final.

Comment

Aye. Liverpool were the better team on the day. Don't think they'll go all the way though ...
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
          Aye. Liverpool were the better team on the day. Don't think they'll go all the way though ...
          shush!
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

I like Mourinho for the entertainment value, but the man has got no grace sometimes. Liverpool well and truely deseved their win - which all the blues I work with in the office agree with also this morning.

The goal ruled off was on, the best chances went liverpools way and for the majority of the game Liverpool dominated.

Feck me though it was a sh!te game of football - anyone else get flashbacks to the 80's watching it? Strange, you'd think two teams managed by europeans, and primarily dominated by european players would play in a european fashion, instead of the regressing back to the long ball days of old.
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

As my fellow countryman, I want Mourinho to succeed despite his misgivings, but he got it wrong last night, although he will never admit it, of course. He insisted on the long ball to Drogba, leaving the introduction of Robben and SWP far too late, and even after that, Chelsea did not change the way they played accordingly.

Liverpool deserved to go through to the final.

Comment

Any of you found a helicopter in their backyard recently?
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                  Any of you found a helicopter in their backyard recently?
                  Not yet, and I wouldn't accept the job anyway. Mourinho can keep it.

Chelsea were no way the better team last night, maybe late on but not for most of it. They should have taken more of all those chances in the first leg.

It did look at bit scrappy, but you had to admire the quick closing down all over the pitch, especially from Liverpool.

Will we have a repeat of the 2005 final?

Comment

England should give UK passport to Liverpools' goalkeeper and also those penalty takers that they have - this way there will be chance for England in big competitions.

Liverpool certainly deserved to win, but I think Man U will win in the end. Agree with snaw about goal - it should have been given: offside should a bit favour attacking team to keep defence on their toes.

I like Mourinho for being able to annoy opponents really well, but it just was not his day -- too many injuries and to be fair overall I think Man U has got better players (even including diver and cheat Ronaldo) that play more interesting games than Chelski.

Just my 2 pence.

Comment

Working...
                    X