• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Smokers Nepotism

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smokers Nepotism

I have discovered that there is no future in my current project because I am not a smoker. The important work is discussed among the smokers at their fag breaks, and not at the meetings. I have even resorted to having virtual fag breaks to join in the discussions but the whole of the cigarette nepotism has got out of hand. Every permie manager is now a smoker. I have worked in other places with various cliques. One was a TA clique, another a football club clique, one IT department employed on Sri Lankan tamales and another Australians.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Originally posted by Paddy
    I have discovered that there is no future in my current project because I am not a smoker. The important work is discussed among the smokers at their fag breaks, and not at the meetings. I have even resorted to having virtual fag breaks to join in the discussions but the whole of the cigarette nepotism has got out of hand. Every permie manager is now a smoker. I have worked in other places with various cliques. One was a TA clique, another a football club clique, one IT department employed on Sri Lankan tamales and another Australians.
    You should take up smoking. I smoke, and it makes me look cool.
    Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
      Yup - all the real deals and strategy get discussed over a fag break - you must be so outside the loop
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I once got a role because I smoked! I wouldn't get it now as I stopped 3 years ago.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

The doctor told me to quit, I was/am getting chest pains.

Comment

Originally posted by freakydancer
            You should take up smoking. I smoke, and it makes me look cool.
            I'd imagine shrouding yourself in smoke can only be a good thing. I have heard that when you enter a room, all heads turn. Along with most of the stomachs!
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy
              I'd imagine shrouding yourself in smoke can only be a good thing. I have heard that when you enter a room, all heads turn. Along with most of the stomachs!
              Laughing at your own jokes again eh? it must be great to have your wit.
              Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by freakydancer
                it must be great to have your wit.
                Don't feel too hard done by. You have half of it!
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Let the smokers carry on killing themselves. More work for the rest of us then...
                  Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster
                    Let the smokers carry on killing themselves. More work for the rest of us then...

and higher taxes to fund the NHS!
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Working...
                    X