• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blood pressure

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood pressure

Just had BP taken at docs while I was there for an unrelated matter

146/99 seems way too high - & she want's me to come back for 2 more samples. Does anyone else suffer from high BP?
    How long have I got Doc?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Originally posted by Troll
    Just had BP taken at docs while I was there for an unrelated matter

146/99 seems way too high - & she want's me to come back for 2 more samples. Does anyone else suffer from high BP?
    How long have I got Doc?
    Smoking, eating tulipe and supporting Leeds are the usual causes. If you do any of those, cut them out and you'll be fine.

Comment

146/99 is a bit on the high side, especially if you're in the 25-40 age group as I imagine most people on here to be.

However you may be suffering from what's known as "White Coat Syndrome" where you get apprehensive when visiting the doc and get temporarily raised blood pressure as a result. That's why they're asking you to go back for further readings.

Comment

Circling the drain mate. Will PM you my mate's business details - he does house clearances - so if you could pass it on to your family he would be most grateful.

Comment

Oh, and being Scottish, especially Glaswegian.

Comment

Mine's 90/60 (just checked it with the thingy I carry around with me) and the little booklet that comes with says yours is a mild hypertension.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

The main causes are:

1) Salt in processed food
              2) Too much booze
              3) Smoking
              4) Too little exercise
              5) And in your case, Troll, being an un-relaxed arse

PS Let me know if you want to get rid of any decent furniture before you kick the bucket. I'll collect.
              Last edited by sasguru; 2 May 2007, 11:20.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                Smoking, eating tulipe and supporting Leeds are the usual causes. If you do any of those, cut them out and you'll be fine.
                Bugger. I do all three

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                  The main causes are:
                  5) And in your case, Troll, being an un-relaxed arse
                  and naturally that is what interested you
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
                    and naturally that is what interested you
                    That's good. Humour lowers BP.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X