• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rats & Spiders

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rats & Spiders

I'm sitting here witnessing 3 permies discussing the premis that only rats and spiders can survive the radiation from a nuclear bomb. Acording to one of the participants, he read it in a book by James Herbert.

A job for Mythbusters?

Originally posted by Kyajae
    he read it in a book by James Herbert.

probably whilst being at work....fecking permies
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      And there's that bacterium that lives in the pipes of nuclear reactors b. radiodurans or somesuch.
      ..that's gotta be one of the crappier organisms to be eh?

must have screwed up big time in former life!

Comment

Evolution dictates that we all start out as those tiny organisms. Give it a few million years and they'll probably be running the show, long after we've wiped everything else off the face of the earth.

Mother nature always has a plan B and you can bet it's a damn site better than any you've heard on here!
        "If it floats, flies, or f***s, lease it." - Evel Knievel when he wasn't jumping buses or women

Comment

Are u stuck working with nerds too? I went out (reluctantly) with the 'gang' from work who proclaim themselves as mad and wacky (god help me). The night was spent talking about the benefits of Linux over Windows and other such stimulating chatter.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
            I'm sitting here witnessing 3 permies discussing the premis that only rats and spiders can survive the radiation from a nuclear bomb. Acording to one of the participants, he read it in a book by James Herbert.

A job for Mythbusters?
            And it's cockroaches that will be the survivors.

Comment

The dinosaur is right:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micrococcus_radiodurans

seems you do something other than spending the whole day on here then diny?
              "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Dispensable
                Mother nature always has a plan B and you can bet it's a damn site better than any you've heard on here!
                sight

Anyway, I thought the human race was plan B - after the giant lizards got wiped out?

And how much fire, tools, wheels and so on did those lizards invent, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by XTC
                  Are u stuck working with nerds too? I went out (reluctantly) with the 'gang' from work who proclaim themselves as mad and wacky (god help me). The night was spent talking about the benefits of Linux over Windows and other such stimulating chatter.
                  This lot I work with collect spatulas for a hobby. And they're all Trekkie fans.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                    sight

Anyway, I thought the human race was plan B - after the giant lizards got wiped out?

And how much fire, tools, wheels and so on did those lizards invent, eh?
                    It could be that oil and coal was the lizards trying to do something about climate change....
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X